Our company was started in 1990 to provide senior financial expertise to companies with limited internal resources. We advised business owners in strategic planning and operational implementation, performance measurement, capital structure, treasury, banking and accounting services, and human resource development. Our goal was to optimize the financial and operational structure of the business to increase shareholder value.
This approach evolved into advising companies in acquisitions and divestitures in order to increase their shareholder value by other than internal growth. Our services expanded to include due diligence, transaction integration, value building, and exit strategies while working closely with the company's financial and legal advisors. Since the inception of these services in 1992, we have represented market participants in transactions totaling $2.4 billion of market value.
The firm further broadened its platform to include valuation and forensic services as logical extensions of our core services. In addition to the valuation expertise associated with acquisitions and divestitures, our clients required measurement tools to determine the impact of strategic and operating decisions on enterprise value. Furthermore, in the absence of a liquidity event, the transfer of value to successor generations requires an accredited valuation to withstand the rigorous requirements imposed by the Internal Revenue Service.
Our forensic services developed based on the increased demand for expert testimony and valuation services in connection with lost profits and damage analysis and shareholder dispute resolution. These services were further expanded to include operational and strategic assessments of companies in transition or those companies requiring capital restructuring.
Today, the firm represents clients across a broad range of industries and size both locally and with operations throughout the continental United States. Our success is evidenced by:
- Singular focus on the creation, growth, protection and realization of enterprise and shareholder value of our clients through our core competencies
- Longstanding relationships with clients with a strong theme of dependency upon us to solve problems and meet their value goals
- Professionals who in the aggregate have over 100 years of experience in industry and professional services at the executive, financial, marketing, and operational levels
- A strong network of alliances where outside resources are required
- Avoidance of conflicts of interest to assure independence in the delivery of our services
- Cost effective delivery of value to the client company